Continuing with our Featured Vendor Series this week, I’d like to introduce you to Carolyn Snell, Owner of “Once Again” and our very own LTD 7 distributor for Paint Couture products.
What I love most about Carolyn and her story is her hard working spirit, her faith and her great love of family. Take a look at how circumstances-being in the right place at the right time- played a role in her digging deeper into her passion. (Pictured below is Carolyn volunteering her time on a mission trip this year)
Moreover, just like Mic of Mugshots Squared, last week’s featured artist, the funny thing about a passion and a dream, and the common thread, is that sometimes (most times) our passions and dreams follow us pretty much all of our lives. Conditions might not be ideal for a full time pursuit of our dream, but Carolyn is another wonderful example of the power of our passions and how the light inside us never dims, but instead compels us to be true to our heart’s passion and “live the dream.”
Let’s find out more. Below is Carolyn, in her own words. Enjoy her story!
Living the Dream,
1. Even though you express yourself through your work, our readers would love to know more about you. Tell us where you are from, if you are married, any children, grandchildren.
I am from the Lyndhurst area. I am married and have two wonderful boys and two grandbabies, Jackson and Madelyn. My youngest son will be married next year and then I will have two more grandchildren, Chloe and Ayden.
- What is your special dream business and how did you get started in it? What’s your “story?”
Ever since I took a class in high school, I have enjoyed “refurbishing” furniture in one way or another. I was introduced to painting furniture when I took a class entitled “Paint Your Own Piece.” Then, about two years ago, I met Lynne when my son and his girlfriend took a class with her, using Paint Couture.
- This is not a full time job for you. Do you think some day it will be? Why or why not?
I hope that someday my business will be at a level where it would be my only job. I have just taken a BIG leap of faith and will be switching to part-time in my 30 year career as a licensed optician to care for my mother more and allow me more time to chase my dream make it a full time reality.
- You are the distributor for Paint Couture. What makes this paint special to you? Won’t just any furniture paint do? Why or why not?
I love Paint Couture because of the diverse finishes that can be achieved. It is a very beautiful paint that, once dry, is extremely durable. I like the fact that it is a “system of products” designed to work together to achieve the finish you desire. You can go “primitive,” “elegant,” or “shabby chic.” I also like the fact that you don’t have to strip off the previous finish. All you have to do is clean it well and then you can begin!
- What would you most like to get your hands on for renovation/painting?
I think right now I would love to transform an entire kitchen-cabinets and walls!
- What is the biggest obstacle/hurdle you have to pursuing this special dream of yours full time?
Money and Time!
- Where does your inspiration come from?
Paint Couture has a Distributor Page and I get a lot of ideas and inspiration from there. I also get ideas and inspiration from my favorite magazine, Southern Living.
- What advice would you like to share with dreamers like you? What one piece of wisdom or lesson that you learned would you say pushed you the furthest in this dream?
I would say: Never Give Up! I am still not there yet, but I am closer than when I started. There has been so much to learn, but in two years, I feel I have come a long way.
What has pushed me the furthest is my belief that God gave me the dream and He opened the door for me when I met Lynne at LTD 7. My faith assures me that God will be alongside me to guide and direst my path. With Him, all things are possible!